This stove is frustrating to use and you’re about to see why…
Today Luke from The Outdoor Gear Review is sharing his opinion concerning a Japanese Stove from the company known as Fore Winds.
This is his Agenda Free Review of the Compact Camp Stove which is guaranteed to irritate you!
Fore Winds Stove : https://amzn.to/3zr87wS
– Sony A7IV : https://amzn.to/3vWtLHR
– Sony 20mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3AcFq80
– Sony 35mm 1.8 Lens : https://amzn.to/3BFs8iZ
– SIRUI Carbon Fiber Travel 5C Tripod : https://amzn.to/3BEahZX
– Batteries : https://amzn.to/3geFtG5
– Rode VideoMic Pro Plus Mic : https://amzn.to/3iZMqMO
– Fjällräven Vidda Pro Ventilated Pants : https://amzn.to/3ytuwYw
– Old Navy Shirt : oldnavy.com
– Vasque Juxt Multi-Sport Shoes : https://amzn.to/3DbNTK9
– Darn Tough Socks : https://amzn.to/3mx20A5
– Arcteryx Conveyor Belt : https://amzn.to/3QSnzsi
– Patagonia Men’s Micro D Full Zip Sweater : https://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-micro-d-fleece-jacket/26171.html
– USGI Green Polartec Sweater : ebay.com
– Permethrin for Clothing and Gear : https://amzn.to/37V3FvQ
– Kershaw Cryo II Folding Knife : https://amzn.to/2Sej6aD
– Garmin Instinct Solar GPS Watch : https://amzn.to/3GvkPMC
– Oakley Sunglasses : https://amzn.to/2WcOGYm
Merch Store :
Want to support TOGR, buy a shirt, hoodie, hat, etc.
Merch Store : https://the-outdoor-gear-review.myspreadshop.com/
Agenda Free Link : https://amzn.to/3DH9BED
Agenda Free :
The channel remains as it always was, 100% Agenda Free with no sponsored videos. no product placement and no paid reviews.
I purchased this with my own money and I’m providing my REAL opinion.
If you purchase this product using the link above and you will be supporting this Agenda Free Channel.
What it is : This is a camp stove that runs on Butane and it comes from a Japanese company called Fore Winds.
Link : https://amzn.to/3zr87wS
Fuel : Butane
BTUs : 9,200
Run Time : With mixed use, I’ve clocked 100 minutes of use with a full can of butane.
Size with Case : 4.3” x 3.2” x 2.7”
Size of Stove Setup : 6.1” x 5”
Weight with Case : 11.5oz
Weight without Case : 9.5
Materials : EVA foam lined case,
Stainless steel, aluminum, and plastic
Price : $80 on Amazon
Review Pros :
Performs very well – butane is best used with temps above 40F. If below, you will need to keep the fuel warm for best performance.
Pot Supports will allow use with most pots, cups, and pans – the smallest of cups may not work though
Price is comparable to other Butane powered stoves.
– Ignitor works very well
– A nice case is included
– Integrated windscreen is moderately effective and legs act as a windscreen as well.
Review Cons :
Pot supports are fiddly to open and close
Let’s are fiddly too to open and close
While the stove offers good BTU performance for the size, the burner head is rather small and will work best for small pots, pans and cups. In other words, this isn’t the stove that I would purchase if you are planning to cook large meals at camp – this is made for smaller scale uses. If you are planning to cook large amounts of food, you will want to use pots and pans that have an inner core in them so that heat is distributed more evenly.
The company claims that this is their smallest camp stove and is their lightest. This stove is rather large for a camp stove and there are tons of stoves smaller than this one.
Slightly large and slightly heavy
– The parent company sells canisters of butane for an exceptionally high price. $14 per can which is a CRAZY RipOFF. You can find 12 cans of butane for $34 from numerous companies.
To summarize my review of the Fore Winds Camp Stove, ultimately this isn’t a bad product but the design isn’t the best and I’m talking about the way that the legs and pot supports fold and unfold. It’s a bit annoying to be honest; this isn’t a deal breaker but it is what it is.
Overall the performance isn’t bad at all if you like to run Butane, fuel is fairly inexpensive if you purchase the right brand, but the stove is pricey when you compare it to ISOButane stoves which can be found for $10 – $20?
100% Agenda Free :
This channel is Agenda Free and is fully supported by the viewers.
Support TOGR through Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/TOGR
Support TOGR through YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmbA7yNOl7aTj_ffkaWWag/join
Web Site : http://www.theoutdoorgearreview.com
Come Join Us on Facebook, Twitter Instagram :
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Outdoor-Gear-Review/281509538652229
Twitter : https://twitter.com/OutdoorGearRev
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/theoutdoorgearreview/
Vero : https://vero.co/theoutdoorgearreview